Error Publishing in 2013

Mar 18, 2014

I have a large program file (143 slides) that is entirely hyperlink driven.  It is a game board with questions, answers, and responses based on the answer.  It published in Presenter 2009 perfectly.  I just published 3 times in Presenter 2013 and am finding numerous problems.  Some of the animation effects on the entry slides (first 8 slides) are not performing as expected or the animation does not occur at all.  Most importantly, the answer links are not working.  

The first time I published, the first game question did not work, none of the hyperlinks were available.  I rebooted, republished and tested again.  This time the first question worked, including the link to the response page, and then back to the game board.  The second question page opened, but the hyperlinks did not work.

I am working with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2010.  So the question becomes, "is there a limitation on the number of slides, the number of animation effects, and/or the number of hyperlinks with Presenter 2013?"

Any response with advice will be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
Darrell Bird

Leslie, thanks for the reply, but unfortunately that option also fails.  I did remove all hyperlinks in the PowerPoint slides, saved the presentation, went back in and re-linked all 80+ hyperlinks, and then republished.  The first question page failed, no links to the answer buttons.  Was this option dependent on the installation of Update 2?  We have been very hesitant to install this update, given all the comments on the forum about issues.

Darrell

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Darrell!

No, this is not dependent on Update 2, it's just listed above the document as it is the latest update.

I'm not sure what issues you are speaking of regarding Update 2 as many issues were resolved with this update and the most prevalent issue has been an inactive ribbon, which is easily fixed with a repair.

Can you re-create your issue in a new presentation or are you only having issue with this one project?

I'm assuming that your hyperlinks are all within your course and supported as explained here.

Darrell Bird

Leslie,

As a Lessons Learned for any others having this issue, here are the things I learned:

1. The problem with hyperlinks not working would appear to be localized to programs created and published in a prior version.

2. Several of the fixes tried were unsuccessful, including those in the article linked from your March 19, 10:29 post.

3. I finally created a new PowerPoint file and started over from scratch.  I was able to copy/paste all the graphics and text objects, but had to recreate all animations, all hyperlinks, and re-embed all audio files.

This last attempt finally produced a functioning game, with most of the same animations (found a couple that do not work in Presenter 13, that had previously worked in Presenter 09), all the hyperlinks, and the audio functioning as expected.  Because I needed to update a single page with the final student instructions, I ended up spending about 30 hours to "fix" the problem caused by the newer version of Articulate.

I do appreciate all the time and effort you spent trying to help.

Darrell

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.