Error running Articulate 2013

Dec 19, 2013

I have just installed Articulate 2013. Installation went fine.

I first installed MS Office 2010.

When I try to do anything with Articulate, I get the error "ap6mn.exe has stopped working".

I can do nothing with Articulate at all now.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks, brent.

10 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Brent and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Sorry to hear about the trouble - hopefully we'll be able to get you up and running with Studio '13.

First, please make sure that you've installed the 32-bit installation of Office. Currently, Articulate Studio '13 supports 32-bit versions of Microsoft Office, but not 64-bit versions. Here's more information: Supported Versions of Microsoft Office

Also, please make sure that you're working with local project files:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please try repairing Studio '13:

Articulate Support - How to Repair Articulate Studio '13

If you're still experiencing these issues, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Unexpected or Erratic Behavior in Articulate Studio

Let me know if you try all of those suggestions and still have trouble.

Thanks!

brent brown

I followed all the direction in this article:
http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter-09/unexpected-or-erratic-behavior-in-articulate-studio-09
including uninstalling and reinstalling Office and ensuring the correct .net framework was running.
This resolved the issue.

The exact same issue is back again two weeks later.
"Articulate presenter 2013 has stopped working" pops up whenever the computer restarts and whenever PowerPoint is started.
Once PowerPoint is open, whenever an Articulate function is accessed the error "ap6mn.exe has stopped working" pops up. I can't use Articulate at all. What else can I do to fix this?

I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1 on a Toshiba z830 and Kaspersky full disc encryption.
Thanks, Brent.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Brent!

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

The same process did not work this time, I take it. Curious that it's happening again, but hopefully we can figure out what's causing the issue.

First, can you confirm you're using the 32-bit installation of PowerPoint, please?

Also, do you have administrative rights on your machine? If you can, try launching Presenter (not PowerPoint) by right-clicking the shortcut and selecting "Run as administrator". 

Also, please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article:

The Articulate Tab on the PowerPoint Ribbon Is Missing

(This should also resolve an unresponsive Articulate Ribbon)

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

brent brown

Thanks for responding Christine.

I am using PowerPoint 2010 32 bit version, 14.0.4760.1000

When I run Articulate as administrator, I click "Open PowerPoint" and immediately get a popup saying "Articulate Presenter '13 has stopped working"

I tried the process in the article, but nothing is disabled in PowerPoint, either addins or com addins.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Brent, 

Thank you very much for getting back to me and for confirming your installation of Office.

Does the error have an option to display additional details? If so, are you able to copy and paste those here, or provide a screenshot?

Generally, with that error, the erratic behavior fix will resolve the problem. If it's not, however, we'll need to look a little deeper into the details of the error if they're available. 

In the meantime, are you able to create a new profile on the machine? If so, it might help to try installing on a new profile. 

Also, it may help to check for any Microsoft Updates as well, if you haven't already. 

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi everyone,

Great news! I wanted to stop by and let you all know that Studio '13 Update 3 is now available.

Along with many other improvements and feature enhancements, Studio '13 will now support 64-bit installations of PowerPoint.

Click here to view the list of changes made in the new update.

Click here to download Update 3.

Thanks and have a great day!

Christine

brent brown

Well, it's happened again after I installed this last Articulate update.

Any action in Articulate gives me a popup error, "ArticulatePresenterMenu has stopped working"

error when doing anything in Articulate

I then took the following actions:

1. Uninstalled articulate studio 13
  2. Uninstalled Office
  3. Renamed c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2/0/50727\config\machine.config
  4. Reinstalled Office
  5. Reinstalled articulate studio 13
    • Got error "articulate framework has stopped working" during install

Clicked Publish, still got error, "ArticulatePresenterMenu has stopped working"

---

I have followed all of the steps at this article:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter-13/unexpected-or-erratic-behavior-in-articulate-studio-13

1. Turned off UAC
  2. Uninstalled Studio 13
  3. Ran powerpnt.exe /regserver
  4. Rebooted
  5. Ran res13Cleanup.bat
  6. Reinstalled Studio '13

Clicked Publish, got error, "ArticulatePresenterMenu has stopped working"

Continued with:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled .NET framework 4
  2. Verified MS Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime is installed
  3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash

Clicked Publish, got error, "ArticulatePresenterMenu has stopped working"

I am running:

• Windows 7 64 bit
  • Office 2010 Professional Plus 32 bit
  • Kaspersky Endpoint security 10
  • Articulate Studio '13

I am out of ideas...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.