Exit not working

Sep 30, 2011

Hi:

I have noticed a number of other posts of Exit not working but have seen no resolution.  I launch player.html in a new window (frame, actually, I believe) from a non-scorm LMS.  Everything else works fine but I am not able to get the Exit to work.  Any suggestions?

14 Replies
Roger Swetnam

Hi David:

Using Firefox 7 & IE9 - no difference.  With regards to launching window into a frame,  I have a .Net app written in C# using the Telerik components.  Telerik has a component called RadWindow.  Actually, I don't think that it is part of a frameset.  The code javascript to open the window goes something like this:

function openRadWindow(ModuleUrl, id) {
                var oWnd = radopen(ModuleUrl, "RadWindow1");
                sModule_UsersId = id;
                var oAjaxPanel = $find(""); // Find the RadXmlHttpPanel1 control

oWnd.remove_close(OnWindowClose);
                oWnd.add_close(OnWindowClose);
                oWnd.center();

// the format is something like this: "isclose(0 or 1){#}id(some_string_value)"
                //                                    0 is true; 1 is false
                var openCommand = "0{#}" + sModule_UsersId;
                oAjaxPanel.ajaxRequest(openCommand); // Call the server-side handler and pass the 'id'
            }

Regards,

Roger

Marilyn Bender

I just started to notice the same problem with the exit tab. For some users, the exit tab doesn't work to close the course. They are forced to close the browser window which exits the LMS without passing course completion information to the LMS. Playing around with it, it appeared to be a pop-up blocker issue. By allowing pop-ups, the tab worked. This is the first time in 4  years with Articulate we have every encountered a complaint of the exit tab not working. I wondered what changed to create a new problem - flash player, internet explorer, other?

Brian Batt

Hi Marilyn & welcome to Heroes,

If you have published your presentation and find that the Exit tool does not function, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article, which outlines possible solutions for this issue: 

Presenter '09: 

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=317 

Presnter 5 and earlier: 

http://www.articulate.com/support/kb/002517.php

Susan Crawley

I created one module this morning where the player template using the 'Exit' button worked fine- the pop-up opened when I clicked it and the 'exit now' showed and then closed the presentation when that was clicked. I recorded another module right after that and applied the same template and the 'exit' button was there, but nothing showed up on the pop-up to close out the module.  I'm also now getting error messages regarding 'Articulate Presenter' about needing to disable it.  What does this mean and how do I get that button working again.  The instructions on the link above didn't work for me.

Peter Anderson

Hi Susan,

Is this the message you received?:

"PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'articulate presenter ribbon' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?"
Please review this article for more information and solutions. 
Susan Crawley

Yes, that's the message I received.  I did click 'no' and shut down my computer and restarted and it seems to be okay now.  I wondered if that had something to do with losing the 'exit' functionality in Presenter.  I read the article referenced in previous responses about that and tried everything, but it's still not working.  Any ideas?

Peter Anderson

Sorry for the trouble, Susan. Would you be able to send us the project files so we can take a closer look and help determine a solution? Please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.