Extracting data (eg applicaiton versions) from published files for QA purposes
We are looking to improve our audit of files so we can trace the published SCORM files back to the PPT. The main file we have found is the Meta.xlm file produced at publication time. This gives us
1. Project ID - unique id needed to ensure SCORM update files are correctly linked to previous data in LMS
2. Title - free text field that can be entered during publication
3. Time date stamp of publication
4. enabledownload flag
5. Description - free text field that can be entered during publication
6. Keywords - free text field that can be entered during publication
7. Presenter version used to publish
But we cannot find any autogenerated capturing of the file which was used to create the actual SCORM file. Ideally we try and enter this in the free text field but you have to remember to update this manually before publishing and so it is a dangerous method for audit trails.
Also we are trying to do a similar thing with the embedded quizmaker files but nothing seems to be captured in the published files on these - at the moment all we can do is unzip the quizmaker file and obtain the quizmaker version manually.
We have been through all the published files after publishing to SCORM and can only find the above - any ideas or is it possible to add this to a feature request. It would help use QA work and knowing the version of quizmaker used would be useful supporting info during bug reporting.