Font turns to serif after publication

Mar 19, 2018


I used the font Roboto in my Presenter. It's the official / main font we must use in all our products at work. When I publish it in HTML5, the font change to a serif, generic one. Why is that so? 

Here's what I tried so far that didn't solve the problem :

- Incorporating the font in the PowerPoint

- Add a <link> line in the published HTML to include the Google Font "Roboto"


Thank you very much! :)

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for confirming that, Geneviève.

Roboto automatically gets installed on your computer when you install Articulate Studio 360. I'm assuming you may have already had the Roboto font installed on your computer before you installed Studio 360. The font you manually installed interferes with the one Studio 360 installed, so here's how you can fix it:

  1. Access the Fonts folder from your Windows Control Panel, then right-click and delete all Roboto fonts. 
  2. Uninstall and reinstall Studio 360. (Roboto will automatically reinstall on your computer)
  3. Open a Presenter 360 file that contains the Roboto font, and check that the font looks correct.

Give that a try, and let me know if it works on your end!

Geneviève Jacques

Oh dear! :o

It's SO complicated reinstalling softwares at my work. I'll be able do a follow-up on this thread around May, since April's gonna be a better moment for me to -maybe - have problems with the reinstallation team. ;)

Meanwhile, I'll export in Flash.

Thank you for the support, and I'll give an answer if it resolves the problem or not as soon as I can.

Alyssa Gomez

I completely understand that, Geneviève.

If you'd like, I can also test your file from my end, just to be sure. 

To do that, you'll want to first create an Articulate Package.  Go to the File tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click Share, and choose Articulate Package.

Then, share that zipped package here in a new thread comment or privately through this form. Thanks!

Lance Treloar

Hi Geneviève. 
Not overly familiar with Presenter, but yesterday I had a similar issue with Storyline when publishing to html5 (using Open Sans font).
Issue was occurring when I had the player size scaling to fill browser; was solved by setting player size to "Lock player at optimal size" when publishing.
Not sure if this is an option within Presenter, but if so might fix the issue.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.