hyperlink not working in presenter 360

Dec 04, 2020

Hi,

I have a link provided by my client to hyperlink it to an image in Ppt. I did the linking but after publishing it to the server and checking, nothing happens on clicking the image. I just get a hand symbol on the image.

I then tried another method. I hyperlinked the image to a pdf and placed the pdf in the published output folder and uploaded this output to the server and now it shows another error....

What I noticed is, though I have placed the pdf in my published output folder, it searches for the pdf outside my output folder...why is it happening.

Pls let me know what to do...

6 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Sajna,

Hyperlinking to a file isn't officially supported. The best and most secure option is to upload the file to a web server, then hyperlink to its URL. You may want to take a look at this article below that provides further details!

📘 Resource: PowerPoint Hyperlink Support in Articulate Presenter
Sajna Thomas

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your responses. Am sorry I was caught with other projects, but this issue came back again. 

I remember clearly the last time I tried as was given in the link Ren and Will shared and it didnt work. But today I retried and it worked. 

But the problem is the link that my client is sharing is not working when associated with the image in the ppt.... See the link looks weird "\\SBUHAPP03\LMS_Content$\HIPAA Full Course Guide.pdf"  ---- This doesnt open after publishing for me which i know it wont.....the client tried in his LMS and this is what he says 

"Believe it or not the lesson link is finding the old version and not the updated version.  I can assure you that the updated version is the version loaded to the iContent folder.  Very strange."

OK I have another query can a URL include special characters like parentheses and hyphens?

Thanks

Sajna

Lauren Connelly

Hi Sajna!

It sounds like the link might now work if it's on your client's local workstation. I'm not familiar with an iContent folder. Are you using a link or file in the Storyline 360 project? I'd recommend attaching just the pdf rather than a link.

I'm happy to take a look at the project! You can upload it using this secure upload link.