Hyperlinks

Nov 02, 2012

Hi, I am building a course with Presenter '09 in which I would like to put a hyperlink on a button for learners to move to a particular slide. I have gone through all the steps outlined in the tutorial but when I Preview the slides the hyperlink does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions to make the hyperlink work?

Frustrated :(

9 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Jane!

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration. However, I did find some information that may help resolve this issue. There's a very helpful support article on the topic. Check it out. The section on "Hyperlinking a slide to the same presentation" provides some helpful on aspects that may be causing the hyperlink to not function properly.

I know you mentioned you already read a tutorial, but I'm not sure which one you've seen. Hopefully this article will help clear up any problems with the hyperlink functionality. However, if you've read the article and still have questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Jane,

You do not have to publish the file to the LMS server to test it. There are quite a few options. However, if you would like to publish it and see if it works online, you can do so on Articulate Online. If you don't already have the service, you can try it free for 30 days. That should give you more than enough time to test out your project!

You can get the 30 day free trial for Articulate Online here.

Also,  Jeanette posted a very helpful tutorial on publishing to Articulate Online. Check it out here.

An alternative method would be publishing to the web. When you're done with publishing the file, you can view the presentation. Jeanette wrote a tutorial on this process, as well. Check it out.

Both of these methods should be able to tell you if the published version will allow functionality of the links you inserted. 

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great weekend :)

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Sandra. Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Unfortunately, Presenter doesn't support sound as an "on click" effect. You can see a list of actions that are supported and not supported in this article.

However, there is a work around for this. You can simulate on click triggers using Articulate Presenter.

There's a very helpful tutorial that will walk you through simulating the sound effect you want to create on buttons.

Take a look at the tutorial and let me know if this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.