Hyperlinks Not Working

May 26, 2015

I am using transparent boxes over opaque boxes and text boxes. I only have the hyperlink attached to the transparent boxes. They are set to hyperlink to a different slide. I have tried looking for extra boxes that may be in the way in the selection pane, but I could find any. The links don't work in Preview mode, or in the LMS, they only work in Powerpoint. I have also tried setting the player to: Display at user's current browser size, optimal size, and fill screen. I also tried both settings in the player size option (scale or lock).

I am at a loss, please help. :)

22 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jasmine!

Please be sure that you are utilizing a supported hyperlink option as explained here.

Is your shape grouped with the others? Are you testing the published output as previewing the content doesn't work as expected with hyperlinks. I know you mentioned LMS, but be sure that you are still not viewing this content locally, but accessing as your learner would.

If you need us to take a look, you are welcome to share your Articulate Package.

Leslie McKerchie

Are you able to insert hyperlinks in any other projects or are you just having difficult with this one?

If it's just this file, perhaps there is some corruption that you can correct by utilizing a new file:

1. Open a new, blank presentation in PowerPoint.
  2. Go to the Home tab, click the drop-down arrow beside New Slide, and choose Reuse Slides.
  3. In the Reuse Slides panel, click the Browse button and choose Browse File.
  4. Browse to your original PowerPoint file and click Open.
  5. At the bottom of the Reuse Slides panel, mark the box to Keep source formatting.
  6. Right-click the first slide in the Reuse Slides panel and select Insert All Slides.
  7. Save the new presentation and republish.

Note: Articulate resources, such as audio and video, will need to be inserted again into the new presentation. You may need to export the narration from your original presentation, then import it into the new presentation.

If you are having problems in general, I would advise that you conduct a repair of your software.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.