IE9 web objects

Has anyone else had any trouble with web objects in IE9? I've been using HTML pages embedded within the articulate presentations for some time now. They continue to work in chrome, firefox, and IE 8, but now that I've tried IE9, there is no object. It shows the original slide background and doesn't even attempt to load the object page. I tried compatibility mode within IE9 as well. With compatibility mode on, the object loaded partially but the ajax interactions on the HTML page failed. Again, they work without any problem in all of the other browsers. Anyone have any ideas?

9 Replies
Chris Daniels

I figured out that when viewed in a separate window, the web object works correctly. It still fails when the presenter is embedded within an iframe (and all of my content is embedded). At least there's some progress and I can now maneuver IE 9 users to a new window to retain functionality. 

Hopefully the next step is solvable as well. Thanks for the help.

Chris Daniels

Yes, the iframe works. On my own site, the player loads correctly within the iframes. The problem is only visible with web objects. 

I put together a simple object page with almost no content on it to try to isolate the problem. However, the object fails whether its a simple page or a complicated one. The first picture is IE9 and the background with the blue swirl at the top is the background of the original presentation. It's not loading the web object at all. The second is the same presentation in chrome with the web object working correctly. The object works correctly in IE8, Firefox, Chrome, and if click compatibility mode, it begins working in IE9.

Chris Daniels

I was half way able to solve the problem for myself. IE9 standards mode sets the child doctypes to be the same as the parent. However, it appears that web objects with a different doctype cause some problems. When I set the parent page, the articulate player.html, and the child web object page to all contain the same doctype, the object began working again.