Import Audio Error

May 29, 2013

Greetings - odd (and frustrating problem)!

I have been attaching audio to Presenter (and Engage) files with no issue until this past week.

My audio studio provides me with WAV files, and they have always worked.  For some reason, yesterday, when I tried to an Engage interaction, I got the following Articulate Engage '09 error:

Invalid wav file:  FMT header invalid

After you click OK (twice), another "information" message displays, stating "Unsupported audio file and or bitrate."  

After reading the following post, 

http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=en9&id=oxeniz7p944g

He republished "using 16 bit 44 KHZ PCM WAV" which he has never had to do in the past.

However, that did not work either.

Our latest attempt of converting to a MP3 file seems to have worked - but we would really like to understand what might have happened.

Thank you!

Nothing has changed on the machine that he produces the audio on, nor on my computer.  

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Brent,

Can you please confirm that you're importing files to and from your local hard drive, please? You may also want to check the file names, as well.

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If that doesn't help, we'd be happy to take a look at the audio files and see if we're able to insert them into a presentation:

Articulate Support - Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue. Please also include the URL for this thread in the form. Also, please share the case number with me. You're welcome to do so here, or in a private message. This way I can follow the progress of the case and update this thread.

Thanks Brent!

Kimberly Tonelli

RE: http://community.articulate.com/forums/t/31132.aspx

Hello,

I'm having this same issue with importing WAV audio files into Engage and Quizmaker . They work fine in PPT. I have the files on my local drive, the path is short, and I've removed the special characters from the file name.

Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you~

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.