Inspiration Needed

Jun 17, 2013

I've had a blank canvas in front of me since Friday of last and a meeting with my SME first thing tomorrow morning. Agggh. I've created a template and analyzed and reanalyzed the SM but I can't get anything on the page worth keeping.

Any ideas would be grand! This is a short course covering Healthcare/CPT Coding...

Thanks All

7 Replies
Leah Lopez

Sample slides would be a bust because I scratched everything last night! I have my template with information for each slide but no design as of yet. The only constraint is consistency... This is the first module within a course of 4-6.

The content is broken down into three areas:

800x600

Normal 0 false false false oNotPromoteQF /> EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

A.    Current Procedure Terminology (CPT) Coding

800x600

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

B.    International Classification of Diseases (ICD’9)Coding

800x600

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

C.  Putting It All Together

I've attached the story file with the content... Hope this helps!

Thank yall a bunch!!

Blake Griffin

Are you looking for a creative theme to use to present the material?  Can you have fun with it?  If you can, you could do a game show type theme.  If you did a price is right type show.  You could have a game show host that is the guide for the module.  And you could introduce the content as the items on the show that the users bid on.  Then your assessments would be the actual quiz questions.  I am sure there would be a lot of details to work out, but that could be fun.

Mike Taylor

Hi Leah! You might find some design ideas in this previous conversation on healthcare courses  In fact, there are several similar threads sharing images, templates and other design ideas related to health care.

And David has a great screenr on how to come up with design elements and potential themes

http://www.articulate.com/blog/10-visual-design-ideas-for-designing-guru-style-e-learning/

Let's brainstorm!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.