Japanese course garbles title in IE/Firefox Tab

Upon publishing, the Course title (created under publish tab) populates the upper left screen fine, but is partially garbled with numbers in the IE/Firefox window.

I have used the font ARIAL UNICODE MS for the entire presentation and even copied that title into the PUBLISH title. What I've noticed is the PUBLISH font used for the title is MS Gothic.

Any thoughts?

6 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi Greg & welcome to Heroes,

Have you changed the character set of your presentation?

Open your presentation in PowerPoint.

Navigate to Articulate > Presentation Options.

Select the Publish tab.

Select either Western or Non-Western from the Choose character set for the Articulate player drop-down list.

Click the OK button

If you continue to have issues, please follow all of the recommendations in the link below:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=2330

If you still have issues, you may need to change the character encoding in the player.html file.  You can do this by opening the player.html file in Notepad and updated or appending the character encoding (or charset).

Brian Batt

Hi Greg,

You probably need to change the character encoding in the player.html file.  Would you mind zipping your published output & upload it to me here?

http://upload.articulate.com

In the subject, put Attention Brian Batt and the file will come straight to me.  I should be able to figure out what needs to be added.

Storyline 360 Designers

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Here is how it was resolved. The problem ended up being the Player.html file. I had to tweak it a little. Thanks team!

Here is what I was asked to do and it worked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal 0 false false false oNotPromoteQF /> EN-US ZH-CN X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Thanks for sending your Articulate Presenter Package.Publishing this, when I viewed the output, the Articulate presentation properlydisplays the non-western characters, but only the title/tab in the browserdisplays it incorrectly.

Therefore, the issue is with the player.html file, sinceit is not being rendered properly in the browser. Checking the player.html, ifyou open this in Notepad, you'll notice that under the Title tag, thenon-western character is not properly displayed. Also, the character encoding(charset tag) is not set to UTF-8 (Unicode).

To resolve the issue, a workaround is to manually changethis character encoding tag (charset) to 'UTF-8', and also manually change theTitle tag to the non-western title (create a backup of the original player.htmlfile first). After editing the player.html file in Notepad, save the file.You'll be prompted that the file contains Unicode text, and that you need tochange the format to retain the Unicode information. Click the Cancel button,then in the Save As dialog box, select UTF-8 (or Unicode) under the Encodingdrop-down menu, then save the player.html file. If you open this in a browser,it should now properly display the non-western title in the Title bar or Tab ofthe browser.