Legacy Articulate Fonts (Articulate 360)

Apr 03, 2017

Issue

We are converting courses to be SCORM compliant and discovering that some legacy Articulate font styles are no longer supported (e.g. Tamhawk). Some of these courses were developed developed in a version of Articulate prior to '13. For this reason, kerning is off.

Temp Workaround

Go to View>Slide Master and update the font to be Arial. This likely won't resolve all font issues. For this reason, review all slides and manually adjust fonts as needed.

Go to Font>Character Spacing. On the drop-down menu, select Expanded.

Is this a known issue? Has it been resolved?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Robin,

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. We have seen issues with font kerning in Presenter 360, and we do have it reported as a possible software bug. We're currently digging into this issue and testing fonts that seem to be causing this, so we'd love to take a look at one of your course examples too. Can you upload a copy to our Support Engineers here and include a link to this discussion? Also be sure to let me know your case number so I can follow along and share updates here for anyone else who may encounter this in the future.

Robin Brandenburg

This is occurring in fonts that aren't true type (they are legacy fonts such as Tamhawk). What makes this issue even more challenging is that the huge spaces between letters and numbers don't appear until the course is published. Some of our courses are 100s of slides in length and include multimedia making the publishing process lengthy. Production time is lost when we have to publish to view issues, troubleshoot, re-publish, etc. Since course content is proprietary I can't send a sample course file. I might be able to send a sample screen capture so that you can see what's being described.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Robin,

I completely understand you not being able to share your file since the content is proprietary. I did want to mention that our Support Engineers keep all files confidential, and they are happy to sign an NDA, if you'd like. You also have the option of sending us just one slide that is "scrubbed" of proprietary content and replaced with placeholder text. Please let me know your case number if you do decide to share your file so I can follow along.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.