Limitations trial version Articulate 360

Jan 04, 2017

What are the limitations of the Articulate Presenter 360 free trial version? What are the limitations for SCORM content created with trial version?

Thanks! ;-)

R.

42 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Renato,

The trial version of any Articulate software, is a full version and includes all the features and capabilities. Within Articulate 360 you will be limited to what you can use within Content Library, but otherwise you can test and utilize all the other features. With this being said, and that it's  fully functional we still recommend that it shouldn't be used for live production work.

Barry Berridge

Using the Articulate 360 studio trial, I'm seeing degraded video on slides, despite setting custom Optimization feature to highest video quality setting of 9. Is this feature not working in the trial? Or problem exists with the new version as well. Using Studio 13 for same production video is much sharper as expected.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Les - Thanks for reaching out as that's certainly not the experience we'd like for you to have. You having a trial should not affect this behavior either.

I have seen an issue with the preview not being as crisp as expected, but by the mention of the optimization, it sounds like you may be publishing and viewing the output.

A few questions:

• Are you viewing the output in the intended environment as a learner would? 
  • Is this an updated project?
  • Does this happen with any video file or a particular one?

If you need us to take a look at your file, please follow the instructions here and then utilize the 'Add Attachment' option in the reply window.

If you cannot share here in the forums, please share with us privately here.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Peter - Looks like you may have responded via e-mail. 

This does two things:

1. Attaches your signature to the forum thread
  2. Does not allow attachments to be included

Please feel free to pop in to edit your previous reply to remove your signature if needed and utilize the 'Add Attachment' button in the bottom left of the reply window to include your file.

Hi Billy,

Definitely! While using a trial of Articulate 360 you can search through all the templates, but you'll only be able to download the Velocity template. Same with characters, you can view them all but you can download:

Photographic Characters: Al, Atsumi, Brandon, Laura 

Illustrated Characters: Andrew, Arthur, Lily, Marilyn 

And when you subscribe, you get instant access to all the Content Library templates and characters.

zubiaml4l l4l

Hello, this is urgent, please help. 

I using trial version of Articulate 360. I am unable to publish. I get the error (attached as capture.png)

I need to submit this to Articulate Rise for review. I have been trying frantically to uninstall and re install and reboot my computer, but nothing is helping me publish the file. Please take a look. Many many many thanks. 

Zubia

Hi Zubia,

I experienced the same thing trying to publish your project to Review, and publishing isn't a limit of the trial. Everything should work just as normal in the trial as a full version. 

Have you tried publishing any other files from Storyline to Articulate 360? As it appears to be just this file. Can you double check that you're working on local project files? 

Hi Angela,

If you don't continue and purchase the same version that you were using in the trial, you wouldn't be able to open your work and edit it again. So you'd be a bit stuck if there was even something minor like an errant spelling mistake.  

If you're using the trial while you wait for your purchasing department to process payment, I think you'd be fine to continue creating live work in the trial. Keep in mind that with Articulate 360 items created in Rise or published to Review will be connected to your Articulate ID, so you'll want the subscription purchased under that same name/email or that email invited to a 360 Teams account. 

Dab Sarecki

Hi,

I am currently trialling Articulate - I am loving it so far however want to test it on our LMS. I have imported a PPT file, added a graded quiz and published it as an LMS file for SCORM 1.2 following the directions. It doesn't save it as a Zip file however so I am unsure if this is a limitation of the trial. This is preventing me from publishing onto the LMS. Am I missing something here?

Thank you

Dab Sarecki

Actually I have managed to figure this out however another snag I've run into is when I complete the graded quiz there is no way for me to save and exit the program so it doesn't save my result in the LMS. I am unable to insert an exit slide using the current templates as they are locked for subscribers - I want to make sure this works and gives us what we need before we subscribe. Is there a work around I can use here?

Thanks!

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Dab. Welcome, and so glad you're giving Articulate 360 a spin!

Also, great job on troubleshooting the first issue! Just a quick note that any Articulate software trial is a fully functional version with all the features and capabilities. 😊

Now, let's dive into the second one. It sounds like you're looking for a way for your learners to exit the course so your LMS can record that data, is that correct?

If so, one way is to enable the Exit tab in the Presenter 360 Player. Here's how: Click on the Articulate tab > Player > Under Player Tabs, check the Exit option. Let me know if that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.