Limitations trial version Articulate 360

Jan 04, 2017

What are the limitations of the Articulate Presenter 360 free trial version? What are the limitations for SCORM content created with trial version?

Thanks! ;-)

R.

42 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hey, Dab!

I also wanted to mention that the course will send data to the LMS whether the learner closes the browser or clicks on that Exit button. Another option can be to instruct the learners to simply close the browser (in order to transmit their data to the LMS) on the last slide.

Let me know what you think!

Dab Sarecki

Hi Katie!

Thanks for the reply - I actually troubleshooted this one as well - I set up a trigger to submit results which seems to work and then the user can just exit the course by shutting down. Not sure why it wasn't submitting this in the first instance but now its fixed!

HOWEVER... I've now noticed that the slides are advancing on their own every 5 seconds despite the trigger that's been set for the user to click in order to move. I know with captivate I had to create a button to stop the timeline from advancing - is this also the case with articulate?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jerry,

For authoring in Storyline, it's localized in English, German, Spanish, French, and Chinese. 

Here's how:

1. Open the Articulate 360 desktop app by clicking the icon in your computer’s system tray or by double-clicking the shortcut on your desktop.
  2. Click the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner and choose Preferences.
  3. Choose your preferred language from the drop-down list, click Save, then restart all your installed Articulate apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app itself, for the change to take effect. (To restart the Articulate 360 desktop app, right-click the Articulate 360 icon in your system tray by the clock and choose Quit. Then launch it again from your desktop shortcut or your Start menu.)

The Language settings controls the interface language for the Articulate 360 desktop app, Storyline 360, Studio 360, Replay 360, and Peek.

You can create content in any number of languages as you're able to enter that in directly as text on each slide. You'll also want to look at changing the player text labels, and that's described here.

Sarah Higman

Hi,

I was wondering if borderless viewing is disabled in the free trial? I tried following the tutorial which said to change the borders to transparent in the Colours and Effects section of Player Properties but this option does not come up at all.

Currently the preview has so much dead space around it, even though I set images at the top of the slide. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Sarah and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you would like to create with your project.

That feature should be available to you in your trial.

I'm curious what size image you are using? 

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.