Looping slide .swf Bug
Just encountered a very odd bug on publishing a course yesterday.
Any hints on why this happened... and how to fix.
- Upon publishing, there was additional audio looping continuously in the background... like a playlist.
Through much trial and error I discovered the following:
- Two of the published .swf files where looping independently of the the presentation timeline and navigation
In other words: /data/swf/slide2.swf, and /data/swf/slide3.swf where BOTH on a continuous loop, playing independently of the presentation navigation... with their audio starting upon presentation launch and audible regardless of what slide you where actually on.
- I confirmed this issue affected the individual .swf files in question.
- opening .swf files for a number of slides in data/swf directly within the browser
- most slide_x.swf files played once, then stopped
- The two offending slides looped in the browser
- Identified that the bug was somehow connected to a particular animated text object duplicated on both slides
- Attempted to remove ppt animation from object... this fixed slide 3 but not slide 2 where bug persisted
- Deleted text object from slide 2
- Created new text object and reapplied animation... solved problem