Missing Titles

Dec 20, 2012

Hi,

I have published a module in Studio 09 Presenter 10 times with no issues.  The other day I published for the 11th time after tweaks. One slide had some elements out of place, but I thought it was a fluke because all was right in the power point. 

Today, I finished my final tweaks and published, but this time all my titles are missing.

My DPI is fine.   Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Nan

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Nan. Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

We recently discovered an issue with some fonts that was caused by a Microsoft update. Take a look at this article for more information. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, are you able to post a screenshot of the way the titles should display and how it looks after publishing?

Thanks!

Nan Grupe

Hi Christine,

I've read the article, but my team does not believe that it has anything to do with the problem.

Attached are screen shots of the power point both before and after it's published.  It seems really weird that after so many times, the titles would just disappear. 

Thanks again for any advice you can offer.

Nan

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning,

Thanks Dwayne

I know it may not sound like something that would be associated with the update, Nan. However, this has been the case. If you're unable to try the solution I mentioned, the only thing I can suggest for now is to try using different fonts for the titles. The other suggestions would be much more time consuming and may not resolve the issue. 

I'd encourage you to try speaking with your technical department again about removing the update. If they need more information on the cases that are related to this, just let me know. I'd be happy to provide references to additional cases where this was a result of the update. 

Thanks and I hope you both have a great day!

Christine

Nan Grupe

Hi Dwayne and Christine,

Thank you both for your assistance. I contacted our tech support and they removed the update.  My module then published with titles...Eureka, I'm so thankful!

I had my team publish modules that they had previously done and they were also missing titles, so we knew that the update was the problem.

The only issue I have now is one Engage where elements for one slide mixed with another and vice versa.  I'm going to redo those because I'm thinking they may be corrupted.

I just want to say that this is my first module and I've been working on it for monthsto finish in betwixt and between many other projects.  Now I plan to break out the bubbly today, thanks to your assistance!

Nan

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.