Moving from PowerPoint 2007 to PowerPoint 2010 Bug

Mar 15, 2013

I have used Articulate 09 along with PowerPoint 07 for several years.  My company upgraded me to PowerPoint 2010 last week.  Now when I publish my course, all of the text publishes as italics text, when it's not in italics in the PowerPoint file.  Every page publishes with italics text.  How do I resolve this problem?

I tried saving the files as PowerPoint 2007 compatible (.ppt), then it published and added both italics and bold to all of the text that is not italics or bold in the PowerPoint file.  And, I tried rebooting several times.

If anyone knows the solution to this issue, please advise.

Thanks,

Ron

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Ron,

First, try to make sure you're running the 32-bit installation of Office 2010. Microsoft released a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of Office 2010. Microsoft recommends installing the 32-bit version, and Articulate Presenter '09 will only work with the 32-bit version. Presenter '09 also will not work with the Click To Run version of PowerPoint 2010. For more information, please review the following article:

Articulate Support > Which version of Office 2010 should I install, 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you've confirmed you've installed the 32-bit version of Office, it may be an issue with the original file:

Here's how to fix a corrupt PowerPoint file

A couple of other things to try:

Articulate Support > Articulate Presenter '09 support

OpenType (OTF) fonts are missing or incorrect when previewing or publishing (AP09)

If all of the steps above do not resolve the problem, we may need to take a look at the file. Please create an Articulate Presenter package by following the steps in the following article:

Send to Articulate Presenter Package

Attach the .ZIP file to the second page of the following form: 

Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue and also include the URL for this thread in the case. Also, if possible, please share the case number with me, so I can follow up with you in this thread. You're welcome to share the case number in this thread, or send it to me in a private message.

Thanks, Ron!

Christine

Ron Conforti

Christine:

Thanks for trying to help.  I discovered that any PowerPoint presentation created in PowerPoint 2007 and then opened in PowerPoint 2010 automatically becomes "corrult" according to Articulate standards. 

The correct technique is to create a new blank presentation in PowerPoint 2010 and use the Reuse Slides option to pull all slide from the other presentation keeping the source formatting.  This is explained, under the following link:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=503

In the future, anyone faced with updateing a course created in PowerPoint 2007 either needs to use PowerPoint 2007 or be prepared for lots of conversion tasks.  Once the course is made PowerPoint 2010 compatible, you need to import the audio and video over again.

This is an awkard fix, but at least it's a fix.

Thanks,

Ron 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.