My presentation is blank & the player bar says slide 100 of 160

Dec 22, 2010

This is really weird. I just resurrected a course that someone else in my company created awhile back. I didn't make any changes or republish it or anything - just uploaded it to a server. I know it used to work! But now when I try to launch the presentation, it just shows an empty player. At the bottom where the player controls are, it says Slide 100 of 160 PRESENTATION COMPLETE. What's going on? Do I need to update something? I really don't want to have to republish this course. Hoping someone has a solution!

13 Replies
Sam Veasey

I had this happen to me on an older course too! It happened because I was viewing the course using Flash Player 10, and the presentation had been published with a previous version of Articulate Presenter before Flash 10 Player was released. Fortunately it's a really simple fix. You just need to use the Articulate Flash Updater, which will take care of converting your courses for you. You don't need to republish. Here's more info: http://www.articulate.com/support/kb/002567.php

Bob Lander

I had that happen to me, only it wasn't because of the Flash Player 10 issue - it happened because of the way I transferred the files to our server. I didn't know this at the time, but if you use an FTP application to send your files to your server, you need to make sure that the transfer is set to BINARY, not ASCII. If the setting is on ASCII, then some of your files will get corrupted during the upload, and things won't work. Hope someone else is able to learn from my mistake! Here's an article that Articulate Support gave me about the issue: http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=1199

Joseph Olive

Bob Lander said:

I had that happen to me, only it wasn't because of the Flash Player 10 issue - it happened because of the way I transferred the files to our server. I didn't know this at the time, but if you use an FTP application to send your files to your server, you need to make sure that the transfer is set to BINARY, not ASCII. If the setting is on ASCII, then some of your files will get corrupted during the upload, and things won't work. Hope someone else is able to learn from my mistake! Here's an article that Articulate Support gave me about the issue: http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=1199

Sorry to revive this issue, but we are seeing this occur and only some computers are affected.  On some computers the course launches normally.  If this is the verified answer, then file corruption would result in problems on everyone's computer, right?

I'm new to the forum and I wasn't sure if I should only try verified answers.  The other option mentioned in this thread of using the Articulate Flash Updater seems more likely to address our intermittent issues.  I should also mention that everyone I have tested this (whether it worked or not) with is running Flash Player 10.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Sam Veasey

Hi Joseph, what version of Presenter are you using? If it is version 4 or 5, then yeah it could be the flash player 10 thing. I would take a look at this support article:

http://www.articulate.com/support/kb/002567.php

If you are using the most recent version of Presenter though (which is PReseneter 09) I would make sure that you are uploading it as binary as Bob mentions above. If you upload it as ascii, I think it will run fine from your LOCAL computer but it won't run correctly when you upload it. http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=1199

Drew Laughlin

Joseph Olive said:

Installed and tried to run the updater and received this error message.

Will try the binary thing.  Thanks.

Had this same issue just now. I am using Presenter 5.4 Pro. Put off the upgrade waiting for the latest released that was promised 1.5 yeas ago.

Anyway, I've uploaded via Binary and that doesn't solve the problem so I am assuming I need to use the Flash Updater 10 but got this same error message.

I used the Flash Updater over a year ago for this same presentation but since the Binary upload doesn't work either I figured I needed to do it again.

Does someone know of a reliable download of the Flash Updater?

Thanks!

Drew

Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Drew!

There is a known incompatibility between Flash Player 10 and Articulate Presenter 4 and 5. The below information should help you resolve this issue: 

PROBLEMS VIEWING CONTENT? 

If you are trying to view content that someone else created, please go here

--------------------- 
CONTENT AUTHOR? 

If you upgrade to Flash Player 10 and can no longer view content created in Presenter 5, you can address this issue by following the steps outlined in this blog article.

Following the steps outlined above will also allow you to publish with Presenter4 and 5 without having to run the updater again. 

--------------------- 
MORE QUESTIONS? 

You can review answers to common questions regarding the Flash 10 Updater here.

Ramiro Moreno

Hello Peter! I know its been a while since this post however I am researching possible solutions to the Slide 100 of 160 issue I am having on my Articulate course playing on Taleo Learn platform. Does your solution resolve the issue for all users? The reason for my question is that I am not sure what type of Flash player everyone has. For example I show 12.0.0.44 as my flash player when I right click on the course. I need this course to be accessible to everyone in the company all around the world. Therefore I am wondering if your solution will resolve this issue even though some of us may not be running flash player 10. Granted I get that the course has to be updated and I am hoping that this is the way to go however I want to be sure before proceeding with heading down this path. Thank you Peter for your response.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ramiro,

We're now on Presenter '13 (the version before that was Presenter '09) so if you were still using Flash 10 you may find that content published with Articulate Studio '13 doesn't play as expected with some early releases of Adobe Flash Player 10. The most common symptom is missing text or other slide objects.

This is a known issue. To correct it, update your Flash Player—even if it's just a later release of version 10.Download the latest Flash Player here, or find a list of archived versions here.

This does not seem to impact the Presenter 09 content, and you can see the System Requirements for Studio '09 viewing at that link.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.