Navigation locked

Jan 09, 2014

Hi,

I am using Presenter and Engage, and set free navigation for user.  When I preview it in Presenter, it works fine.

However, when it is published, the navigation between module is locked and always the last module was selected.  However, the navigation in the module created by engage works fine.

I.e. Always the 3rd item was selected and no response by clicking the 1st and 2nd item.

PREVIEW WORKS FINE, BUT FINAL OUTPUT DOES NOT WORK.  Please help!

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Foot,

How are you viewing the published project? Please try to make sure you're not viewing the published output on your local machine. Try uploading your project to a web server or LMS before testing.

If you view a published Studio '13 or 09 presentation on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail.

To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. Please review the article below for more information:

Tips for Managing Project Files

From what I can see, you're using '13, correct? If you are uploading this to a server, are you publishing for HTML5 and viewing the HTML5 file, or Flash?

Also, which web browser are you using? Have you tried viewing in a different web browser?

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Foot,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Are you able to recreate this issue in a new file, that's in English?

Studio '13 doesn't currently support Non-Western languages just yet, so I'm curious if this might have an impact on the course. 

If you're able to recreate this in an English project, are you able to share the Presenter Package so I can take a look?

Articulate Support - How to Create an Articulate Package

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Foot,

I was able to find your case (#00379719 for my reference). I see that Rowie was able to reproduce the issue with the Chinese characters. 

As I mentioned earlier, I do believe that this is due to the language of the project. The best way to confirm this, would be to either translate the course to English, or create a new course with the same options and test it. 

We are trying to include support non-Western as soon as possible, but we can't give an estimate for this functionality just yet. 

Let me know if you see any changes, or if you're able to try this out with an English version of your project.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.