Nightmare Upgrade Installation/Intergration with PowerPoint 2013

Oct 05, 2013

Hey Guys,

I recently upgraded my 09 to 13 and I am having a rough time getting my Presenter to work properly. Every time I open my 2013 PowerPoint; I get a compatibility error "It appears you don't have a compatible version of Microsoft PowerPoint installed". When I follow the link provided with the error message; I am directed to verify my version.

Articulate Studio '13 requires a 32-bit desktop version of Microsoft Office. It won't work with:

• 64-bit versions of Office
  • Browser-based (online) components of Office 365
  • Click-to-run versions of Office 2010

Here's how to tell which desktop version of Office you have:

Office 2013
  1. Launch PowerPoint.
  2. Create a new presentation, or open an existing one.
  3. Go to the File tab on the ribbon, and click Account.
  4. Click About PowerPoint on the right side of the screen.
  5. Version information will be listed at the top of the window that appears. Make sure it says 32-bit.

I verified the step above and I have the 32-bit version, but the program is till not working. I think it may be that I may have a click to run version. Any ideas out there on how to fix this?

Kind Regards

Ken

5 Replies
Ken Wright

Hi Nancy,

I submitted my case to support before I posted here. I have yet to get a response besides confirmation that it had been received. In the interim I had to remove Office 2013 and Install 2010 to get the program to work. Needless to say I would rather use 2013, but I guess something is better than nothing!

Thanks for your response!

Ken

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.