Notes not displaying on all pages

We are currently updating an older course that was originally created with Studio 09, the revision is being done in Studio 13. When we published the course to HTML for testing we ran into an interesting problem.  Run locally all pages display properly, but when the files are transferred to a web server the text does not appear in the notes section of all pages. The entire program is only 25 or so screens and the notes stop appearing after the 18th screen.  

We have deleted the output files and republished, checked to make sure there are no formatting issues with the text.  

Has anyone else experienced this?

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Shawn!

I'm not aware of an issue. Are you only having an issue with one project?

Be sure that you are working locally.

Perhaps this will help:

You may be able to resolve PowerPoint file corruption in this manner:

  1. Open a new, blank presentation in PowerPoint.
  2. Go to the Home tab, click the drop-down arrow beside New Slide, and choose Reuse Slides.
  3. In the Reuse Slides panel, click the Browse button and choose Browse File.
  4. Browse to your original PowerPoint file and click Open.
  5. At the bottom of the Reuse Slides panel, mark the box to Keep source formatting.
  6. Right-click the first slide in the Reuse Slides panel and select Insert All Slides.
  7. Save the new presentation and republish.

Note: Articulate resources, such as audio and video, will need to be inserted again into the new presentation. You may need to export the narration from your original presentation, then import it into the new presentation.

If you are having problems with multiple files, I would recommend a repair.

Shawn Stiles

Hi Leslie,

So far this is only showing up with a single presentation, although it is one of many in the series that is being updated.  I'll work with the developer on the project to go through the steps you suggested to see if that resolves the issue. If not we may need to submit a ticket. 

I did make sure that the work was done locally. As I said in my original post the notes display correctly after publish when we view the course in the  browser from the local drive. Where we a losing the text in the notes section is when we copy the files up to the webserver.