Office 2016

Jun 30, 2015

With Microsoft's Office 2016 Suite clearly on the horizon, how is the compatibility testing of Articulate Presenter coming along? Will there be upgrades to Articulate '13 to make it compatible with Office 2016? 

14 Replies
Doug Bedinger

Ashley,  the article on Supported Versions of Office lists a compatibility exception with Web-based versions of Office 365.  What is a "Web-based version of Office 365?"

My client has gone to Office 365 Professional Plus integrated with SharePoint (which includes PowerPoint 2016).  Presenter has performance issues when using Studio 09, and no functionality when using Presenter 13.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Doug, 

Office 2016 isn't supported for Studio '09, so that would make sense if it wasn't working as expected. 

In regards to the web-based versions of Office 365, that is referencing the cloud based versions that aren't installed locally on your system. It's a subscription service from Office vs. a license installation. As I read it from the Office site, it looks like Pro-Plus includes both the web based and the local install - did you confirm if you've installed that set up as well or are just trying to use the web based version? You may want to reach out and work with your IT team, as it's beyond my capabilities to assist with the installation of Office. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Greg,

Are you asking if you can pull published courses that have been uploaded to Articulate Review back for editing? This would not be possible. You would need to work directly with the project files.

So, can I clarify if you are having an issue within the software and course development or is the issue happening post-publish?

Andrew Wolfe

Hi Leslie,

You stated above:

You mention Office 365. Are you utilizing a version that is installed locally on your machine? The online and/or click-to-run versions are not compatible with the software.

My company has gone to using Office 365 so the version that is installed is the Click to Run version.  It is installed locally so I do not need to be online to run the office applications but I am finding that Articulate 360 is totally unusable is there any fix planned?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Andrew, 

Yes, you can locally install Office 365, but you'll want to make sure that your files are local as well. Using OneDrive is the cloud storage for 365, but with Articulate tools you'll need to edit and publish files locally and then you can back up to a server or network drive. 

Working from a network/shared drive is known to cause some odd behavior ultimately leading to corruption, so I'd take a look at the best practices outlined here. 

Let us know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.