Outline View in Powerpoint 2013 messes up my slides

Jan 28, 2014

I'm going through the getting started tutorial video series and finding it very helpful.  

The issue I'm running into is that with Powerpoint 2013 if I select outline view and then enter a title as demonstrated in the tutorial video, the text on my slide dynamically updates.  I've attached a short video illustrating my issue.  What's odd is that if I open up the practice files they don't have the title text on them in the final version.  I figured out a workaround to move the title off to the bottom of the slide but I was curious if there was a way to hide the text/dynamic editing feature.

Also, should I open the Presenter File when working with presenter or the powerpoint file?  

Thanks!

Nick

5 Replies
Daniel Brigham

Nick: I've been doing a little bit of research on this, and it seems to be a PowerPoint auto feature type of thing. So far, I haven't found a way to turn it off. Of course, you could go up to Slide Master and move the main text box off-screen and then add a second text box for your real text, but this seems like a pain.

Anyway, just thought I'd tell you what I found. --Daniel

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.