Overflow in AnnotationLayer.Form_Load at Line 146

Jun 17, 2013

AnnotationLayer.Form_Load at Line 146

this is the error message I get when trying to use Presenter.

I am making a course with windows video in ppt slides with animations but Presenter says there are no animations in the slide when I try to sync them. I'm trying to make a presentation so it looks kinda like a newscast with an anchorperson talking and animations on the side.

Im running windows 8 but saving my ppts as 2003

Can anyone help?

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes, Dan!

I'm afraid I've only seen that error a couple of times in the past and it was pretty file-specific and/or system-specific.

First, can you please make sure you're working with a local project file?

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If that doesn't help, or if you are working locally can you tell me exactly which animations you're using in the slide? The fact that Presenter states there aren't animations makes me wonder if the animations you're using are supported:

Supported PowerPoint Animations

Let me know if moving the file to your hard drive or trying a different animation helps.

Thanks and welcome again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.