Parser Warning

Apr 25, 2013

Good Morning,

So I've tested my learning module created in Articulate Presenter in the SCORM Test Track Sandbox and I received the following "Parser Warning:"  "An organization or item element is missing a title element.  This is okay if the item references a submanifest. (Item '_SCO')"

Is there something I need to do in Presenter before I publish to LMS?  BTW... I am publishing in SCORM 1.2.

Thank you,

Jim

12 Replies
James Sporleder

Good Morning, One more time

My client is experiencing a problem loading my LMS Published package into their LMS.  I made sure the file was zipped properly before sending.  This is the error message they're receiving:  "LoadResource:  Learning Objects must have a Title.  This Resource cannot be imported."

I'm wondering if this error is related to the Parser Warning that I reference in my first post above.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Jim

Peter Anderson

Hi Jim, 

That's an error message I'm really not familiar with. Are you able to share project files so we can test it on our end? First, create an Articulate Presenter Package of your presentation as described here. Then upload the resulting zip file from your computer on the second page of this form, and we''ll attempt to diagnose what's happening when we receive your upload.

Thanks!

James Sporleder

Thank you, Peter

Previously, I've been zipping the file on my Mac.  However, on the most recent file, I zipped it through Presenter and resent to my client.  Unfortunately, they're experiencing the same error message. 

Still scratching my head.  I've never experienced this before.

Thanks again for any other suggestions you may have.

Best,

Jim

James Sporleder

Everything appears to look normal from my end.

I'm publishing to a single directory on my C: drive

I'm publishing in SCORM 1.2

My tracking is using quiz results

Here is a link to my Debug Log in SCORM Cloud if that might help

https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/ViewDebugLog?logId=deccc639-6e63-4efe-ad05-5a6ea0e47992&courseTitle=Workplace+Violence+Awareness+and+Prevention+at+Cricket+-+MOD+1

Peter Anderson

Hi Jim, 

Just wanted to follow up here. Looks like Miker was able to to test your content, and though he did encounter the same parser message, he was able to determine that it would have no affect on your published output. 

If you experience any trouble while navigating the course, please follow up with Miker directly and I'll continue to monitor the case. 

Thanks so much, Jim!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.