Powerpoint 2010 Questions

Feb 12, 2013

Hey Everyone! Hope you are doing well!

1.      Masters. Right now, I have a new document setup with the correct template and settings. When I copy and paste the new slides into the deck the options “use source formatting” or “use destination formatting” come up. By default, PowerPoint will add the new slides using “destination formatting”, which I’m completely fine with it doing. However, it adds unnecessary children to the parent master. So right now, I have 1 master with 8 children, when I add the new slides it’ll add more children instead of it using one of the 8 that are already setup. Is there any possible way around this, or even an explanation as to why this keeps happening? We’re trying to setup a guide for people to follow, and this is a hurdle we are trying to solve for them.

2.      Chart Templates. When we create a chart template, we want to be able to allow anyone who receives the file to have the option to select that as a template for their charts. Is that possible? I have the .crtx that I get from PPT, but is there a way to have it embedded? It defaults Microsoft > Templates > Charts, but didn’t know if there’s maybe even a place we can upload it to and have it link to that .crtx file.

3.      Table Template. Can we setup custom tables like we can for charts?

Thanks so much for your help!

Be the first to reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.