PowerPoint encountered a serious problem with Articulate ribbon

May 21, 2012

I'm aware that there has been multiple posts on this matter, but feel that this is something that needs to be addressed by Articulate.

Why should I have to uninstall Office completely, when the issue seems to be with Articulate? This is a time-consuming effort. I have had other 3rd party addins on the ribbon (on another machine) which have never caused a problem.

I have a brand new laptop (literally 2 days old) a new install of Office 2007 and a new install of Articulate Studio which I purchased a few days ago. I am yet to be able to publish a presentation, with Articulate stopping working around 80-90 slides in. Nothing else is installed on this machine (other than chrome) and no other processes are running ...

It has a 2.8GHz processor, 4GB of DDR3 ram, with all files located on a 1TB hard drive.

The sole purpose of this machine is to publish Articulate courses. To date, we're 0 from 6.

2 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Jez, welcome to Heroes!

Really sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing. It sounds as if there's an issue with one of the slides in the 80-90 range, possibly corrupted, and we'd be happy to take a look at it to help get this resolved. If you'd like to submit a case and upload your files to us, please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. And feel free to come back and leave your case number here so I can keep a close eye on it.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.