Powerpoint templates

Jun 05, 2011

I have come across 2 problems since upgrading to 09.

When I am using the powerpoint templates that Tom has provided the hyperlinks do not work. I have locked the slide in slide properties and selected the advance by user option.

The hyperlinks work in powerpoint but not when I preview the file. I am using the hyperlink to a slide title.

When I go through the same process on a blank template, the problem does not arise. Can anyone help?

The second problem is also only associated with a template downloaded from the Articulate site.

When using animation, the slide will not progress on the mouse click, but it will if i hit th ereturn button, or scroll down on the mouse roller. ?????

3 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

If the hyperlinks work in PPT, they should work on publish.  Preview doesn't work because you're previewing the slide but not the entire course which will have the data files.

Also grouped objects with links will work in PPT.  but when published the link breaks.  I usually use a transparent box for my links so that I have complete control of the link.

As far as the second problem, can you explain more about what you're trying to do?

Philip Arnfield

Thanks Tom, that clears my first query.

The second query relates to a curious problem i have when working on one of the templates I downloaded. I have attached a slide from that template.

I have 3 animations as you will see. When running in player view the animations do not work on the click of the mouse. If however I hit "return" or use the scroll wheel on the mouse the animations work. It only happens on this template.

Thanks so much for your reply Tom, I so much appreciate it, and I love reading your posts.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.