PPT 2010 objects rendered a bit funny...

Mar 16, 2011

Hi, folks. I'm using some colourful buttons made with PPT 2010. They render oddly in Presenter - see page 2, although they seem to be ok on page 1. I've just taken @slhice's advice and saved the first one as a png and inserted it onto page 2. That fixed it. The other two buttons are an example of what I mean by 'oddly'...

The other thing is that my shrink animation which looks ok in PPT slideshow only goes so far in Presenter - I guess I'll need to shrink it a lot more for it to render well in Presenter...

Hope this makes sense, thanks a lot for you advice already and any more ideas will be very gratefully received

9 Replies
Dragos Ciobanu

Thanks, David I quite like stick people :)

Thanks for the animations tip - I was trying out the convert-to-png and reinsert solution just now and it looks cool. However, I was repeating the thing I was doing before: putting lots of animations in. Thanks a lot for the heads up. 

So where I am at now is inserting the buttons in the slide and applying a Pulse animation to it and it all looks as I would like it to.

Many thanks to you, @slhice and @laura_dickson.

Dragos Ciobanu

.. and here is the final product, rendering as it should. It's got a story, too, and I'll share that soon. Hope it goes down well at the presentation tomorrow and sorry for not having more than 1.5 days to do it in - I would surely have liked to see what folks here would have advised me to change...

One other lesson I learnt the hard way: even if a group may be rendering ok, if you hyperlink the elements to an external page or whatever, the hyperlinked areas won't actually appear properly in the rendered Articulate. Instead, best bet is always to stick a transparent object on top of them and hyperlink that to whatever you need...

Thanks again, everyone!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.