Presenter 13 vs Studio 360

Nov 18, 2019

I was informed that my courses publish in Presenter 13 would not function properly in 2020 due to Flash code embedded in my published programs.  I was informed that I need to upgrade to Articulate 360 to publish future training programs. I have signed up for the Articulate 360 trial period and want to develop a new training course. But, I did notice from the ArticulateTab in Powerpoint there is an Icon to add from Flash file.  My concern is that if I publish my new course in Studio 360 will the Flash embedded code be added to my publication. Am I wasting my time using the trial period to develop a new course?

1 Reply
Vincent Scoma

Hi Celeste,

Great question! 

Articulate 360 is officially Flash-free, so the Flash Player isn’t required to use any Articulate 360 apps. The Flash icon in Presenter 360 is a way to import a Flash file into the presentation. When publishing the presentation for Presenter 360, you will have the option to choose HTML5-first or HTML5-only as the published output format.

You can do this in PowerPoint by clicking on the Articulate tab >> Then click on Publish >> Then clicking on the format output: 

For additional details on what we are doing about Flash, we have a great resource you can check out here

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.