Presenter 360 - add sound to objects

Jun 10, 2020

Hi,

I need to include a shutter sound to 5 images in powerpoint. I included the sound, I can hear it when i play it from the animation pane. But the sound is not heard in preview or published output.

Please let me know how this can be achieved.

Thanks

Sajna

4 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Sajna,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues playing a sound in your PowerPoint course. If you're unable to experience it during preview, then it seems it may be worth troubleshooting within the file.

Are you comfortable with sharing your .story file for testing? You can share it publicly here, or privately with our support engineers. We'll delete it when we nail down what's going on!

Sajna Thomas

Hi Ren,

Thank you for the reply. I am attaching the file with only that slide here. 

Additionally, I am facing another weird issue in another file. There is a slide with animations in it. All the 3 elements (1, 2 and 3) have the same animation but triggered at diff times as per the audio. The first 2 elements animate correctly but the third one doesn't. The issue is; the third element should come from under image to the right like the other 2. But, it comes from over the image.

Now I remember once before I had similar issue and the Articulate staff said that when the slide is placed in a new file, it will play correctly. So I did that, and it did play. But what I notice is the output from Review 360 plays correctly in Chrome and IE but the LMS output plays incorrectly in Chrome but correctly in IE.

I tried with 'Fly in' from Left - here too the first 2 elements works but the 3rd element it appears over the image rather than under in chrome. 

I don't understand why that happens. I am attaching that file (Anim_test) also here. Hopefully, you can help me with this also.

Thanks

Sajna

Ren Gomez

Hi Sajna,

Thanks for following up and sharing your files! In the Sound_test file, it looks like you've imported your shutter sounds, but it seems it wasn't included anywhere in the narrated audio. Do you have it set to play in sync with the narration?

My suggestion would be to include the sounds in the narration. If you go to the Articulate tab and select Audio Editor, you can use the 'Set Next Animation' guide points to insert your shutter audio files. Just click on the guide point, and Import the shutter audio. Give it a try and see if this works for you.

In the Anim_test file, I was able to replicate the 3rd fly-in appearing over the document before shifting over in Chrome using SCORM Cloud. That is odd! I've opened a case on your behalf with our support engineers to take a look and see if they can help troubleshoot.

Be on the lookout for a response once they're done testing!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.