Presenter 360 -- bad project file? presenter was unable to open this project file -- reboot (again, and again, and again)

Aug 03, 2020

So this recently started happening.  It's ruined many training programs -- well I'm sure support would say "it's not ruined, you just have to plug in all the video and audio and quiz files..."

Yes, I've done that spent countless hours only to be greeted by this error message again.  I have read the support articles, it's not stored on a cloud drive but I do have it in a directory that's subordinate to a dropbox folder, but yes, I know.... but it's been like this since 2013 -- my directory structure, housing hundreds of pptx and ppta files is unchanged.  Why is this just happening now?

I have a pristine "articulate package" that I created when the program was last updated, but when I extract all the files and try to open it -- again, same thing happens.  I don't THINK the filepath is too long (one thing it mentioned in the support articles -- it's the same path I've had for 7 years).

Any ideas?  This is so frustrating.  Why is it just starting now when no path has changed, nothing in my storage system is different.  I'm betting some update to something somewhere might be a culprit but I have no idea.  Each time it takes me one to three hours to plug all the sound and video files back in.

I have to open a new blank powerpoint and "reuse" the slides (and as an added bonus Microsoft even did away with the feature allowing you to insert ALL the slides you want to reuse (yes I've checked the Microsoft support articles and they confirmed [like Steve Jobs... "you don't need that..."] so now in my 90 slide file I have to click one by one by one by one.

And yes, I do go into slide-view and copy and paste -- but I'm not sure if I'm inviting a bug that way.

anyway, this is all quite frustrating.  Anyone else have this happen to them lately?  again NO PATH CHANGE. been in a dropbox subfolder since 2013. No problem.  I'm not editing in the cloud.  This is the latest verion of Studio and presenter 360.

my filepath (again this way for 7 years now) looks like this
C:\Users\Jim Powell\Dropbox (TDG)\Cdrom\Powerpoint\Infectious_Cat_A_package_2020

I'd about 80 characters plus the filename. So way under the limit (which I think was like 255 or something like that.)

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.