Presenter 360: What is lost when you publish to mobile?

Jun 23, 2020

For years my dept. has created content old-school: 
Powerpoint > Articulate 360 > SCORM > publish to LMS.

The source material has always been animated PPT slides combined with lots of 2-4 minute audio and video clips.  Some Quizmaker, some Engage interactions but mostly video, audio and slides.  (The content is almost exclusively derived from video-captured lectures, taken from years of seminar/class presentations, so never really lent itself to Storyline, etc 're-imaginings.)
Desktop/notebook users were always OK, but we need to make the content available on mobile.  While few expect the level of graphic detail onscreen to be a fit for phones, more and more students are clamoring for i-Pad ready modules.
Earlier attempts to publish the courses for mobile never really worked.  Some slides would run intact, but there'd be no video, or next time no audio.

QUESTIONS: 
1) What are the Presenter 360 settings I need to make so the published file runs as smoothly on an iPad as it does on desktop?  
2) Have people had success doing this, or has it been limited with necessary compromises (and what would those be?)
3) If the compromises (#2) were too great, have you been able to tell your users that viewing the content on an iPad is "not ideal," or outright not recommended?
Thank you!

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Brandon!

I'm happy to help! It sounds like you're using an LMS to send the courses to users. Are users taking the course using Safari, or is there an app for your LMS?

Presenter 360 projects should conform to an iPad automatically, so there aren't particular actions to take. However, I'd recommend always using HTML only since most mobile browsers aren't Flash dependant. 

I've created a course that you can test on your end. It's a web version of a Presenter 360 course. I've tested it out on my end and didn't have any issues playing each slide. Please let me know if you have a different experience. Here's the link to view the course. This link will expire in 10 days.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.