Presenter

Dec 15, 2011

Good Morning,

I have a rather unique problem. We develop technical trainng, both CBT and ILT, for a government agency. We use Flash for the CBT and Articulate for the ILT. The computers the training must run on are locked down pretty tight. IE isn't even loaded on them because they are not authorized to be hooked up to a network nor the Internet. This creates a major problem for us because neither the CBT nor the ILT will run on them. We can't load IE on them because we don't have admin rights. And there are over 400 of them distributed world wide.

Is there a plug in we can add to our training to make the CDs stand alone and run without having IE on the computers? Or does someone have a better idea on how to make the training run on these computer?

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Bill

5 Replies
Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Bill!

Articulate content that is published for CD works independently of a Web browser, but still requires a Flash player. If you wish to publish a presentation for CD or DVD in Articulate Presenter '09, please view the following help documentation: 

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/?p=83 

1) From the Articulate menu, select Publish -> CD. 
2) Complete the publish wizard as you would normally do. 
3) Open your output folder and drag the entire contents into your CD-R software. 

The final point is the key one here: You’ll want to make sure that you don’t simply drag the folder to burn, and that your CD-R software doesn’t create a folder on the CD. You need to have the contents of the output directory at the root level of the CD in order for autorun to work correctly. 

When the CD has finished burning, eject it from your computer and reinsert to test. If the above has been done correctly, your presentation should now run automatically. 
You can publish a presentation onto a DVD, but you cannot play a presentation on a standalone DVD player on a TV. You can only view a DVD on a DVD-ROM drive on a computer that meets the system requirements for viewing published output: 

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/?p=11
Here's a screencast outlining the process:
Bill Meyers

Thank you for your quick response.

I'm not really sure if this solution will work because of the requirement for a flash player. The computers the training has to run on does not have a flash player installed. And we can't install the flash player without admin rights. And the computers (over 400) are deployed around the world. It would cost a fortune to have them shipped back just to install the flash player. The player can't be downloaded because the computers are not authorized to, nor can they, hook up to a network or the Internet.

I was wondering if there was some sort of a plug-in that could be added to the CD to simulate a flash player without having to install any files on these computers.

Bill Meyers

Good Morning,

Hate to be a pain about this, but I've been do some research and came across a plug-in from adobe called projector. It's supposed to create a standalone exe file. I was wondering if you knew anything about it and whether it might work with articulate files. And if so, I was wondering if you could tell me how to do it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.