Presenter locking up 2010, other problems.

Feb 22, 2011

Hi,

I have Windows 7, PPT 2010 and Presenter V6.3.1009.1313 Pro

I had used PPT 2010 with Articulate Presenter in late December with no problems. It's been a couple of months now and I needed to use it again to create some presentations. I went through my usual process and when I go to the publish process (publish to web) I found that my custom player template, logo images and all my presenters bios were missing from the drop down menus. I chocked it up to some update to either PPT or Presenter causing it, and just re-created them, then published as usual. That was yesterday.

Today now, the first time I tried to open PPT it got as far as the loading screen and locked. I was forced to restart my computer to get it back, and finally got PPT to open with a pre-made .ppt lecture,  but not before PPT telling me that the Articulate plugin had caused a serious error, and it asked me to disable it. Well I needed Articulate so of course I didn't disable it.  I added some headers and footers to the handout master, printed handouts to PDF then went into Articulate's Slide Properties tool.

This appeared to lock up PPT again, but eventually the articulate slide properties window appeared, except when I click on it, it disappears. When I click again, the slide properties window re-appears, and if I click again it disappears again. The only way I can get out of the articulate slide properties window, is to try to line up my mouse with where I think the OK button is when I click, cause otherwise it just disappears again and I can't make an changes to slide properties cause it disappears when I try to.

I REALLY need to get these lectures converted to flash.... like NOW. The Distance Learning student's need them ASAP.

Can anyone help me? Did some update break Articulate or PPT? If so how can I roll it back?

Thanks

Caelyn Nagle

2 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi Caelyn & welcome to Heroes,

You may encounter the following error message when working with PowerPoint:

"PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'articulate presenter ribbon' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?"

Please review the following article for more information and solutions:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=2828

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior using Articulate Studio '09, please review the troubleshooting steps in the following article:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=2425

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.