Presenter with Office 365

Mar 22, 2013

I'm getting ready to install Office 365.  Just wondering if there are any issues with Articulate Presenter '09 working with Office 365???  Can I just upgrade my install of 2010 without having to uninstall/reinstall Presenter? Also have Engage'09 and Quizmaker '09 ... same question goes for them as well.

17 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Vickie. Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Unfortunately, without an install of PowerPoint, there's no way to use Presenter. 

Articulate Presenter still requires a version of PowerPoint, and will in the future as well. However, Storyline is a standalone product that doesn't require PowerPoint to run, and it's available for a free 30-day trial if you're interested in checking it out. 

Christine Hendrickson

Vickie,

Office 365 is considered "Click-to-Run", so Studio '09 product will not work with Office 365:

Microsoft has acknowledged that Click-to-Run versions of Office 2010 can interfere with add-ins (such as Articulate Presenter).  Therefore, you should avoid installing a Click-to-Run version of Microsoft Office. 

I hope this helps!

Christine

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Steve,

Articulate Presenter '13 won't work with the browser-based (online) components of Microsoft Office 365, but it is supported with Office 365 desktop installations. Unfortunately, you may find that Presenter is unresponsive if you're using Office 365 Home Premium.

This is a known issue with the way add-ins are loaded in Office 365 Home Premium. Microsoft is investigating it now. We'll add more information here as it becomes available. In the meantime, Presenter won't work with Office 365 Home Premium.

Maddy P

Hi

I would like to check if anyone know..

Is Articulate Storyline 2 does not allow uploading of Powerpoint slides for Windows 365 (cloud version)? However I noticed that my friend using Storyline 2 on Windows 8 is able to upload Powerpoint slides.

How can I resolve this software error (eg. any plugin, software patch or change in settings required) or suggestions to import PPT from Windows 365 into Storyline?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Maddy,

The system requirements for Storyline are detailed here and Studio '13 also works with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office 2007-2013, except the following:

• Browser-based (online) components of Office 365
  • Click-to-run versions of Office 2010

So that is the difference between your set up and that of your colleagues.

jennifer dewar

I'm wondering how I can package my Articulate presentation source with desktop version of 365.

The instructions from my client were:

Select File from the PowerPoint drop-down menu

Select Save and Send

Select Articulate Package
Change the Package Location to the folder with the other items
Optional: Change Package Notes
Click "Create Package"
After "Publish Successful" you can close the dialog box

In 365 the side banner that appears when you click File, Save there are no additional options.

I'm guessing I'll have to package it and zip it manually.

thanks, Jen

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.