Problem to move Articulate presenter 13 to 360

Apr 15, 2019

Hello,

When I want to work in a old Articulate presenter 13 that I have upgrade to 360, I'm not able to close my work in LMS. Articulate close themself before it save the work. How can I fix the bug ?

Thanks ! 

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sarah. To make sure I understand, it sounds like your course is exiting the learning management system before you're ready. Let me grab a few more details from you so I can help with next steps:

We use SCORM Cloud to test LMS output to find out if the issue is with the course or with the LMS. You can upload your output there and see if the same behavior happens. Let me know what you think!

Sarah Garneau

Does the course launch in a new window, or within the LMS?

LMS

Do you have an Exit button on the player?

No

What are you doing when the course exits the LMS? 

1. I click on the Publish button .

2. I chose LSM . And publish. Articulate presenter can't complete de publishing process. (see attachment)

I already use Scorm 1.2 when I want to publish and I make a test with Scorm 2004.

Crystal Horn

Now I understand, Sarah! The course is not publishing. You'll want to make sure that you're publishing directly to your C: drive:

If it is going to the C: drive, let's have a closer look. With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your .story file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

I suspect there might be an issue in the file that is stopping it from publishing. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Sarah, 

Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like it's specific to the file.

You may be able to repair the corruption by importing your slides into a new PowerPoint file. Here's how:

1. Create a new PowerPoint presentation.
  2. Go to the Home tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the drop-down arrow beside New Slide, and choose Reuse Slides.
  3. In the Reuse Slides panel, click the Browse button and choose Browse File.
  4. Browse to your original PowerPoint file and click Open.
  5. At the bottom of the Reuse Slides panel, mark the box to Keep source formatting.
  6. Right-click the first slide in the Reuse Slides panel and select Insert All Slides.
  7. Save the new presentation and publish with Presenter 360.

Articulate resources, such as audio and video, will need to be inserted again into the new presentation. You may need to export the narration from your original presentation, then import it into the new presentation.

I see that you're using Presenter, and a .story file would be specific to Storyline projects.

If you still need us to take a look, you could share your Articulate Package. That would be what we'd need to take a look at for Presenter 360.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.