Problems updating Studio 360

Mar 22, 2017

Hi. I am having problems updating Studio 360. It keeps coming up with an error code 80070652. I have tried to uninstall but it will not let me do that either. Anyone else having problems or have a fix? Thank you in advance for any help.

33 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Sophie and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you've run into an issue as well.

I took a look at the reports here and they seemed specific to their computer/environment, so I do not have any additional information to share.

I did open a support case on your behalf so that you can work directly with a support engineer to get you up and running on your trial.

Be on the lookout for an e-mail from the team :)

Tracy Parish

Had this error today.  Without restarting my computer.  I followed these instructions within the thread previously and it worked for me.

"The error: 80070652 suggests that a previous installation may not have been completed successfully. Restarting computer generally fixes this issue. However, if the error still persists, below are the instructions you can use to try and solve the error problem:

IMPORTANT: If you're using a computer that is part of a corporate network, contact your local IT to ensure that Storyline is installed as an Administrator. Corporate network commonly restricts its users from installing or modifying programs on network computers.

1. Press the CTRL + ALT keys + Delete key at the same time. Then, click on Task Manager.

2.Click on the Processes tab and then choose Show processes from all users.Click on the Image Name list and this will sort the list in alphabetical order making it easier for you to find the Windows installer service.

3. You should find a file in the list called msiexec.exe. Click on the msiexec.exe file and then choose End Process button on the lower part of the Task Manager window. If you find any instances of Storyline.exe or another instance of msiexec.exe, quit those as well (end process).

4. Run Articulate 360 and attempt to install Storyline 360."

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mark,

This conversation is a bit dated and I'm not sure if Cathy is still subscribed here.

I was able to take a look at Cathy's case and it looks like the issue was very specific to her environment with Tasks and a second install of the software that was causing an issue.

Can you let us know what you're running into and we'd be glad to assist you as well.

If you'd prefer to work directly with our support team then, with your permission, please share your project file so they can investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Ruth Mahoney

Hi,

Can someone advise the fix for this error 80070652 I have tried several times to update my Articulate 360 but it hangs and won't install and I can't keep asking my IT team to log in as Admin. They checked and nothing else is running and I tried a restart, don't have any issues usually it just updates. Error message attached.

Thanks

Ruth

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.