Publishing

Nov 10, 2013

This is a pretty basic question but one I want to make sure I get right.  I do use an Apple products so it is difficult for me to test but now that I have new Presenter 2013 I am republishing a huge library (150+ titles)

Here are my questions:

1. If I publish using all three formats (flash, IPAD and HTML) I am assuming if I render to either web or LMS that presentation will play on windows or IPAD/Iphone. 

2. I have flash video that I have rendered using the previous video editor (not sure if that is gone now) but am wondering what I should do with flash video to ensure it plays on IPAD or IPhone.

Thanks for feedback

Steve

5 Replies
Alison  L.

So, something(s) to look over/at till the Articulate types return (assuming they don't have Monday off)....

ala Presenter '13 Product Support --> Publish  -->  How to Distribute Articulate Presenter Content for Flash, HTML5, and Articulate Mobile Player (LINK)

"Here’s how Presenter determines which version of your content to display when learners view it:

• Learners will see the Flash version of your content if their browser supports it.
  • If they're using an iPad and if you chose the Articulate Mobile Player option when you published, they'll see a launch page that allows them to view the course in the iPad app. (And if they don't have the app installed on their iPad yet, they'll see an option to install it.)
  • If they're using an iPad and you didn't choose the Articulate Mobile Player option when you published, but you did choose HTML5, they'll see the HTML5 output in mobile Safari.
  • If they're using some other non-Flash compatible browser and you marked the HTML5 option, they'll see the HTML5 output. (For a list of supported browsers, click here.) "

AND.. for the iPhone query give the following link a try:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter-13/viewing-articulate-presenter-content-on-an-iphone

HTH!

Alison

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.