Publishing Issue

Feb 21, 2012

Recently, we came across a problem during publishing a presentation. This was happening due to one particular slide which had one large image. After selecting to Publish, the operation would get stuck at the second slide itself, unable to move over to the next slides.

So, I took a screenshot of this slide using FullShit 8, saved it as a .png and then inserted it. After doing this, the publishing happened successfully!

The image in question was created by grouping several other items.

I believe the issue has been jotted down clearly.

What may be the possible reasons for this issue? Have any of the members faced this before?

Regards,

Aditya.

9 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey Tanya!

Can you send us your files so we can take a closer look and try getting them to work on our end? If so, please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. And feel free to come back and leave your case number here so I can keep a close eye on it. Thanks!

Peter Anderson

Hi Tanya,

You may encounter the following error message when working with PowerPoint:

PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the ‘articulate presenter ribbon’ add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?

Disable Articulate Presenter Ribbon?

PowerPoint may attempt to disable add-ins, such as Articulate Presenter, after it experiences a crash or otherwise closes unexpectedly.  If this is the first time you have encountered this message, simply click the No button, and proceed with your project development.

Be sure that your presentations, quizzes, interactions, and audio / video resources are located on your local hard drive (this is typically your C: drive).  Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior.

If this becomes a recurring issue for you, I'd recommend submitting a case to our great support team. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.