Publishing to Word

Feb 21, 2012

Hi All,

I have a presentation I need published to word, its a mixture of powerpoint slides and engage interactions. It seems to publish fine but when I go to zip the file it give me an error and when I go to view the doc its just blank. Must be doing something wrong?

Anay help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Rob

1 Reply
Peter Anderson

Hi Robert!

For zip creation to work properly, the full directory path of the publish location needs to be less than 256 characters in length, including the name of the zip file itself.

Also, please be aware that working on a network drive or publishing to a network drive can cause erratic behavior. You should edit and publish your content on your local hard drive (typically, your C: drive).

If you find that you are unable to view the presentation or work with the PowerPoint file, this is likely due to opening the zip file versus extracting the contents of the zip file into a new folder. You can easily extract the contents of a zip file into a new folder using the Extract or Extract All right click function in Windows XP or greater. Here’s how.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.