Quizmaker (Studio '13) not launching in Powerpoint (2013) after update

Nov 07, 2018

Yesterday we installed the update for Presenter '13 (Build 7.11.1809.1417). After installation, Quizmaker will not launch under PPT, and when trying, it has hung PPT a couple of times. Under PPT, it will no longer open an existing embedded quiz, nor create a new quiz. It just will not open. In addition, when attempting to launch under PPT, Quizmaker does not show up in Task Manager under Applications.

Quizmaker will launch on its own, outside of PPT. When it does, it does show up in Task Manager under Applications. 

1. Has this feature (opening under PPT) been removed?
  2. If not, any suggestions on the next step?

(Because of problems we have had with Quizmaker previously, (having produced a corrupt file per your support engineer) I am concerned if it is not opening the way it used to. )

Thank you-

Running PPT 15.0.5023.1000 and Windows 7

8 Replies
Loralee Page-Ortez

Thank you.

The build for Quizmaker, is 11:1809.1417, and that is the current one per your website.
I checked the settings in PPT and Add-Ins are not disabled, The Articulate Presenter IPC Handler is enabled, and the Trust Center is allowing use.

I will contact our IT department to try the Repair.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.