Republishing courses with Presenter 2013

Dec 02, 2013

I wonder if there are any knows issues with republishing trainings that are built in 2009 version using new Articulate. Any thoughts? 

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Hanna,

There are some features that will not carry over if you upgrade to the new version, but there are also a lot of new features as well.

The following article outlines the process for upgrading a presentation and lists the supported features of your 09 projects:

How to Upgrade a Presentation to Articulate Presenter '13

A backup copy of your original project files will be created during the upgrade process, so you can always go back to them later if necessary.

I hope that helps!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Hanna,

We are currently working on adding right-to-left language support for Studio '13. Though we can't give an esitmate just yet, we are trying to release it as soon as possible. When this update comes out, it will be available as a free download.

If you haven't already, I would recommend following us through social network sites. This way, you'll see any new release information as soon as it becomes available. We tend to hit the social sites first :) However, we will also post on the forums as well.

Thanks!

Jane Doe

We have just started converting Articulate '09 courses to Articulate '13 and various errors and problems occur. 

• Some interactions don't convert. When published, the interaction appears as interaction slide does in Powerpoint - with the Edit in Engage button and so forth.
  • Sometimes the program gets stuck in a loop, repeatedly asking if we want to convert from Articulate 09 and create a backup version. Regardless of the response, the question re-appears.  We have to go to the Windows Task Manager, close the program and restart.
  • In the Quiz, the Print Results button displays a blank screen rather than the results.

We are going to try and figure out the problems for another day or so. If we can't figure out corrective actions, we'll contact support.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Jane,

Sorry to hear about the trouble!

Sounds like there are a few things going on there that are a little unusual. 

First, please make sure that you're working with local project files:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please try repairing Studio '13:

Articulate Support - How to Repair Articulate Studio '13

If you're still experiencing these issues, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Unexpected or Erratic Behavior in Articulate Studio

Let me know if you try all of those suggestions and still have trouble.

Also, if you've created a support case with our team already, please share the case number so I can follow the progress and see what troubleshooting steps have already been suggested.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.