Restricted to Free Navigation in Presenter 2013

Dec 14, 2015

My client would like to have restricted navigation the first time a learner goes through the module.  Upon completion of the module, she would like the learner to be able to revisit any portion of the module (say they come back a month later to prep for their exam).  I feel like that should work because they have already visited all of the content, but I want to be sure a) it does actually work and b) I know the settings so I can set it up correctly the first time rather than do a retro sweep.  TIA!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Susan,

Restricted navigation allows a user to revisit slides that they've already seen but they cannot access slides they've yet to come across by clicking on the slide titles in the menu. You'll want to also make sure you utilize the "resume" functionality and you can choose to have the user choose to resume or force it to always resume (I may suggest the latter so that they don't end up resetting the course.)

You'll also want to check that your LMS will allow them to resume using that functionality, and anything else you may need to consider in regards to the resume and/or the ability to revisit the course after a certain period of time.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.