Resume function

Mar 12, 2011

Hello Articulaters,

I am trying to solve an issue with the resume function, and specifically with Moodle.  How does is the resume function designed in Articulate?

Let's say somebody views our course from one computer and work, and wants to resume where he left off at home.  Is that possible? 

To the Moodlers out there.....is there a function within Moodle to help me with this?

Any other solutions would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave

3 Replies
Gordon Ledbetter

I'm having a similar issue.  We use Taleo (Learn.com).  One of my courses has several quizzes scattered throughout and winds up with one final quiz at the end.  When the  user arrives at the final quiz and exits the course  (many users do this because they don't want to tackle the final quiz right away) , the course resumes on one of the other quizzes .. not the final quiz .. they become frustrated because they have to do the "other" quiz again.  I've investigated and I've become confused .. is it Properties in the Quizmaker quiz that I need to change (if so what are they)  .. is it properties during publish (if so what) or is it a change I need to make with my LMS?

Justin Wilcox

Hi Gordon,

What I would do to address this is remove the resume functionality from all of your quizzes except for the final quiz (or maybe even the final quiz). I'm assuming that you are using SCORM 1.2 and that only allows for a very small number of characters in its resume data:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=1067

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.