Run Time Error 429

Jul 16, 2018

I just received a brand new HP EliteBook 850 G3 laptop.  My IT dept installed Storyline 3 and Articualte Studio 13.  Now each time I try to open Powerpoint, I get a Microsoft Visual Basic Run Time Error - 429:  ActiveX companenet can't create object.  We have repaired the Office Suite, no help.  We have compared a working machine to my affected machine, and the only difference we see is an additional update of Java, Java 8 Update 45.  Same ActiveX controllers, same office suite.  In Registry Editor, the Key Articulate Presenter has 2 values, one (default) says no value set.  I have checked this against a working machine, and all keys are the exact same.  Please assist.  Cannot even open Powerpoint because of this problem.

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Jessica.  It sounds like you're really stuck, so let's get you some help.  If you haven't already tried, the steps in this article help perform a complete uninstallation of Studio '13, including clearing the registry keys.

Please give that a try, and if it doesn't work, let our support team know so we can take a closer look with you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.