Run-Time error

Aug 11, 2014

Hi,

Here is attached a run-time error that we have experienced on two devices running both under Windows 7 and Office 2010.

To reproduce the bug :

1. Capture a narration
  2. Save and close
  3. Click again on Capture a narration
  4. The message error appear, as you can see it in the attached.

Is this a known issue?

Thank you

32 Replies
Mario Gervais

Justin Grenier said:

Adriano and Mario:

While we work toward a solution, our Quality Assurance Team has suggested that disabling other add-ins might be an effective, temporary workaround for the problem. Our hypothesis is that one of your add-ins might be intercepting the communication between Presenter and PowerPoint and causing the issue.

Can you please let us know if this helps? Thanks!

Justin, I tried this on one of those PC and the bug still occur.

PS: I tried also what Adrianno tells and that works. It seems that the windows won't close and it should.

Thanks

Brian Batt

Mario Gervais said:

Justin Grenier said:

Adriano and Mario:

While we work toward a solution, our Quality Assurance Team has suggested that disabling other add-ins might be an effective, temporary workaround for the problem. Our hypothesis is that one of your add-ins might be intercepting the communication between Presenter and PowerPoint and causing the issue.

PS: I tried also what Adrianno tells and that works. It seems that the windows won't close and it should.

Thanks

Hi Mario,

Can you post a screenshot that shows both of the PowerPoint windows that you see? We need to see the exact title text on both of the windows.

Brian Batt

Mario Gervais said:

Justin Grenier said:

Adriano and Mario:

Thanks

Also, any chance you are double-clicking or triple-clicking the Record Narration button?

Mario Gervais

Brian Batt said:

Mario Gervais said:

Justin Grenier said:

Adriano and Mario:

Thanks

Also, any chance you are double-clicking or triple-clicking the Record Narration button?

You mean everybody here and every Adriano's colleagues are triple clicking?

Absolutely not!

Justin Grenier

Hello again, Mario.

Thanks for recording a screencast of the problem and for allowing us to review it! We were able to duplicate the issue you reported. Unfortunately, we were unable to determine a workaround. We have reported this issue to our Quality Assurance team for their review. I cannot offer a time frame for when this issue will be addressed, but we will keep this Forum Thread updated on our progress.

Thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.