SCORM 2004 compliance

May 12, 2011

We are testing LMS platforms with Articulate, but we are finding the SCORM 2004 compliance setting with Articulate is not working with the Absorb LMS Suite.  If there's anyone in the forum who might have suggestions using Absorb with Articulate, please let me know any ideas you might have.

7 Replies
Bill Harnage

Phil Mayor said:

Hi Todd

I would test your course on Scormcloud first, if it works there it is an issue with the LMS and not articulate

Phil

That's not necessarily accurate.  There are hundreds of LMS's and not all LMS's are created equal, and Articulate can't test its product on every LMS.

What Articulate sends to the LMS via scorm is not always what the LMS want to hear and then you run into a "he said, she said" battle between vendors. I've experienced various completion bugs with an Articulate published course, yet those same bugs don't occur with a Captivate course - same LMS.  Articulate has released fixes for specific LMS's.

Todd, there are some known "bugs" between scorm code Articulate sends and LMS's.  The info is kind of scattered around the Articulates site, but with some digging you should find some helpful info.

HTH,

Phil Mayor

Hi Bill

A lot of the LMS fixes though are because the lms's implementation of scorm is wrong, a case in point is moodle complete/incomplete implementation the articulate fix is to work around this

I understand what you say, but using test track will at least ensure the course is reporting to scorm correctly, you then as you say need to trawl for a fix for your lms

Phil

Todd McQuage

We are able to get Articulate modules published as SCORM 1.2 to work with the Absorb LMS Suite; however, when changing the publishing setting to SCORM 2004, they generate an error message when a learner clicks on a module.  (In DisplayError, strMessage=An Error Has Occurred).  Technically, it fails to initialize [Detected failed called to GetValue ...   ERROR - invalid lesson mode]. 

So, we're still wrestling with SCORM 2004 compliance. 

Todd McQuage

Todd McQuage said:

We are able to get Articulate modules published as SCORM 1.2 to work with the Absorb LMS Suite; however, when changing the publishing setting to SCORM 2004, they generate an error message when a learner clicks on a module.  (In DisplayError, strMessage=An Error Has Occurred).  Technically, it fails to initialize [Detected failed called to GetValue ...   ERROR - invalid lesson mode]. 

So, we're still wrestling with SCORM 2004 compliance. 

I just confirmed through an Absorb LMS rep that they do not currently support SCORM 2004; only SCORM 1.2 and AICC (Beta).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.