Storing Articulate packages in sharepoint 2013

Jan 15, 2014

Hi there.  We have a sharepoint site and want to move the storage of our articulate packages to the sharepoint site.

1.  I created the articulate package on my local C drive

2.  Copied the zipped articulate package folder

3.  Open our sharepoint site, went to the document library where I want to store the package, clicked "Open with Explorer" and then pasted the zipped articulate package to the sharepoint folder. 

But then we are not able to use the package.

I try to extract the package back to my C and I have all kinds of issues.  First I get a security warning that my internet security settings is blocking one or more files and it asks if I want to open the file anyway.   I click ok and then I get an error message that the zipped folder is invalid. 

I even have tried to just click to open the zipped folder just to see what files are in it (should have a ppt, ppta and quiz file) and I get an error message that the file is invalid. 

What am I doing wrong?  Can we store our articulate packages on sharepoint?  Please help!

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Stephanie,

Are you wanting to just store the project files there, or use SharePoint as a host for the content?

I personally do not use SharePoint, but it is strongly recommended that you only try to modify project files that are local. If you're wanting to share the package with colleagues, perhaps using something like Dropbox would be best - that or make sure you're not trying to extract the package directly from SharePoint. Move the entire package back to your hard drive before trying to open it.

If you're wanting to use SharePoint as a host, meaning you want learners to run the completed project from that server, it might be a little different. Again, I haven't worked with this service, but hopefully threads like this and this will help you out. 

In the meantime, perhaps some community members that have access to this service can provide some additional suggestions.

Thanks and good luck!

Stephanie Herman

Hello, correct.  We are just wanting to store them in the sharepoint document library and then our team would extract the package to their local computer to work on the package and then resave the updated package back to the sharepoint library for storage only.  We currently use dropbox but are wanting to move away from dropbox. 

When we copy and paste the packages to the sharepoint library the packages are becoming invalid and I don't why.

Stephanie Herman

Thanks Owen, unfortunately it is zipped files that I am working with and it is not working.  I create the articulate, zipped packages on my local drive and then copy and paste into the sharepoint document library using explorer and it pastes in just fine but when you click on the file to extract them or open the zipped file I get the security warning that my internet security settings is blocking one or more files and it asks if I want to open the file anyway.   I click ok and then I get an error message that the zipped folder is invalid. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.